Elder Price is still alive and doing well!


 
This week was really good, we got quite a lot done.  We spent a lot of time looking for new investigators since the people we've had have not been progressing.  We were able to find 5 this week.  One was a reference from a member in Coyhaique, she sent us the information for her brother who is studying here in Valdivia. His name is Jose, and he's really interested.  I'm really excited to start teaching him more, he would be great here.  He's 20 years old, and there are tons of YSA's here and they do a lot together.  
The other is that family from last week, the Familia Velazquez.  We officially taught them this week, and they were very excited to invite us back, hopefully we can keep up that excitement with them.  Constanza has not been doing so well, she has taken a few steps backwards recently.  We are going to give her a little more of a break, we're going to continue with her but we need to focus on other people as well. Hopefully she finally decides to commit herself fully.  
Elder Kearney is doing really well, I've been having him practice his spanish by sharing a spiritual thought after every lunch and visit with members.  HE's been progressing a lot, its really cool to see.  
I love you guys, 
Elder Price

  
So Aniko got baptized?  Thats awesome, I knew it was getting close.  I'm really happy for them, I hope I'm back to see them go to the temple.  Thats incredible.  
I've really noticed a difference with goals, if we didn't have any there would be no motivation or direction here in the work.  I'm stil working on mastering setting goals, but I feel like that is something I've really improved in and its something I'll use my entire life. 
So Constanza isn't really progressing, shes going backwards.  But we have been focusing more in other people now, like the Velazquez family.  They are really excited to see us and like to hear from us, I wish more people would react like that when we knock their door.
LOve you, Elder Price

July 3rd letter

Sorry, yesterday was a Chilean holiday, so there was no open place to email.  We got permission to come today though for a little bit.  
My new comp is pretty cool, he's very talkative about sports, so I'm a little lost there since I have no idea whats happening right now.  I just get world cup updates from members everynow and then.  He has a very strong testimony, and loves to share it.  He does need to learn how the work in the field goes, but he's picking up on it really quick.  His spanish is good, he can communicate.  He needs practice so I have him share the scripture in every member visit we do.  He's gotten really good at that.  It is weird to have cambios, I was with Elder Brighton for almost 5 months so we were really used to each other.  It was a pretty good time with him, we got along well.  
So as distict leader I have to do verifications and do a district council meeting every week.  its not a whole lot of stuff, but it is really fun.  I enjoy being able to teach and prepare a meeting every week.  
The ward is doing well, the attendance has been going up recently, and we have more people getting closer to baptism.  Constanza has a date, and we have a new family that we hope to have ready soon.  We're teaching a lot of different people, some more consistently than others, but we have at least one lesson every day, sometimes two.  We have a goal to baptize 3 people this month, and I think we can do it, we have several pretty close.  
The youth in the ward are great, there aren't a whole lot of them, but they are really faithful.  3 of them leave on a mission in about 6 months, I wish I could be here to see them leave.  
Love you, Elder Price
 
 






Comments

Popular Posts