Setting goals and working hard!

This week was a very interesting week.  We're in the middle of winter vacations right now, so most of our investigators were out of town.  We spent a lot more time searching and contacting.  We also got to participate in a youth conference and help 200 kids go out and try contacting.  I didn't know that having to guide 12 kids around to contact would actually be fun.  Its great to see the excitement that so many kids have to serve a mission, I can't encourage them enough to do it.  
So a few weeks ago we got a reference from Coyhaique, a city in the far south of Chile.  The reference was for a kid my age named Jose, and his sister who had recently joined the church sent his info to us.  At the conference I met her, she had flown up from her home to go to that conference.  When she found out that I as teaching her brother she got so happy that she could't control herself.  It really kind of hit me how important this meesage is, she is the only member in her family and she just wants to live with them for forever, she really taught me how much hope and happiness our message brings.  
Love you guys, Elder Price

We've been focusing a lot on that as a mission this past month, that we are here to baptize, the field is ready, and we are here to reap.  I've noticed a big change in the mission with that focus, we're making progress little by little but you can feel the difference in the missionaries.  My comp and I are really committed to achieving our goal of 4 baptisms before the end of August, and we will definitely need the blessings of the Lord to achieve it.  We've noticed a lot recently with the amount of references we've been receiving from members, people are prepared and they are out there.
The missionaries are doing really well, I'm learning  quite a lot from teaching.  Its really nice being able to teach a class and learn from other peoples perspectives, it helps out everyone.  We focused on church attendance the last week and there was quite a change in the amount of people that went.  We pretty much doubled the attendance we had last week as a district.
So, I've already listened to that talk, I got it from one of my zone leaders a few months ago.  Its incredible, and I've really come to learn a lot more about Christ and the atonement.  I can understand the chapters in the Book of Mormon a lot more now, and I am constantly learning new things.  I'm probably not going to teach much if any of that, but having a deeper understanding only makes things easier to explain in a simple way.
I spend a lot of time reading and studying talks and books here, I recently found a copy of The Teachings of Joseph Smith, and I've been reading the Book of Mormon a ton.  I've learned so much more in this year then I ever thought I would.
Love you, Elder Price


Our mission has had a big focus on goals and doing everything possible to reach them, recently my comp and I set the goal to baptize 4 people by the end of August.  I might not be in the sector by that time but I want to do everything I can to make it happen, in this sector or in the next one.  
So that reminds me, one of the families that I'm really close to, the Godoy family, are converts of President Wilcox.  We were talking about something, and I found out that the whole family was baptized by an Elder Wilcox right when he was starting his mission.  They had lost contact with him and had looked on Facebook and couldn't find him.  I offered to check and see if it was the Wilcox that I knew, and it turns out it is. So they siad they were going to send them a picture of the whole family, its a prertty big one.  They are 4 different families, the parents with their three kids and their spouses all live in the ward and are really faithful members.  The mormon world is really small.
Love you, Elder Price


Comments

Popular Posts