New Language for Elder Price! Plus last weeks letter.

This week was the week of cambios, but we didn't get a call so Elder Brighton and I are staying together for 6 more weeks.  That will be really good, we've been working really well together and have relly made good progress in the ward.  Some of my friends from my previous zone are getting transferred up to Valdivia this week so its going to be super fun here this cambio. 
Constanza was able to have her interview this week, but she didn't pass because she wasn't keeping all of the commandments and never answered us honestly when we asked about them, so we have a bit more work to do with her than we thought, but she still really wants to get baptized.  We also have a teacher named Patricio who is progressing well.  He already started to read the Book of Mormon and he is asking really good questions.  He said he was willing to keep going, so this week we are going to set a date for him to get baptized.  Hopefully after that we can start to teach his whole family.  We also have been working with a teenager named Felipe.  He has lots of interest in the church, but is a kid with lots of distractions so its not easy to meet with him.  We're also teaching him a bit of english, which is kind of funny because I have forgotten quite a bit.  My grammer and vocb have shrunken a lot.
The conference was super awesome, the talks were all really greata.  I watched Saturday in English ad Sunday in spanish.  The talk from Lynn Robbins was my favorite I think, we can apply a lot of that to our nivestigators right now who are struggling with the commandments.

I'm also really excited for the change in the Priesthood, that will help us out a lot down here, the two quorums were small serperated, now we should be able to do a lot more together.
Love you guys, Elder Price


So this week we made some good work with our investigators, we have Patricio closer to having a baptism date, he is already making jokes about him being a member.  He just needs some more support from his wife, she has no interest but isn`t against it either.  Constanza also has been doing a lot better with her commitments and strengthening her testimony.  We were able to do a chapel tour recently as a zone.  It didn't go all that well, we only had one family show up, but we did get t share with them a bit.  
This week we also got the news that we are going to start learning Creole, the language from Haiti.  There are lot of haitian immigrants here, so the mission decided that we should learn to communicate with them better.  So starting this week, I will start studying Creole everyday.  I still need to perfect my Spanish, but I'm still very excited for this oppurtunity. 
Love you guys, Elder Price

Letter to mom
I have no idea how much time I have, around 8 months.  I don't really keep track, I have to count whenever people ask me.  It goes by really fast, I feel like I write home every other day. 
I wish I could have been there, it looks really awesome.  I will have to go over there when I get back and hike over there again.  That trip looks like it was great.  
We are having some trouble getting investigators to come to the chapel, the chilean people are very lazy and sleep in until 12 on Sundays.  Its very strange to see people think its hard to wake up at 9:30.  We have some kids going that aren't members, the bishop'ds son really helps us out and invites all his friends to everything.  They usually come with him too.  We just need to meet with them and their families and start teaching them.
Well its good to hear from you, I love you, 
Edler Price


Letter to dad
We made some progress, nothing huge, just refreshed the commamdments with Constansa so she has a new desire to keep them.  We also tried to set a date for the baptism of Patricio, he said he was really going to think about it and keep searching, he really likes our message and he wants to take the next step, but he also wants to be sure.  I'm really excited for him, I can't wait for him to find his answer so he can participate in the church.  He would be a really cool member.
The baptismal requirements are pretty good here, they need to come to sacrament meeting 3 times, have all the lessons, and pass the interview.  The converts are not always super strong I've noticed, but most of them are really good.  The most recent convert here in this ward is awesome, she wants to do everything she can in the church and learn more and share it all.  I have no idea how many people get baptized in the mission, they don't release the numbers to all the missionaries.  I'm pretty sure its around 20.
That youth conference looks like it was a great time, I'm sure it was a huge help to the youth there.  Liam sure has changed if he went all the way up there, has he started to rock climb yet too?  I wish I could have been there.  I want to go on a trip there when I get back, I need to finish Angels Landing.
Love, Elder Price

Comments

Popular Posts