9 months out!

Garrett's birthday is on Friday so if any of you would like to send him a birthday message that would be amazing!  He would love to hear from you all!



4/16/2018
This week was really good, we had quite a miracle.  We had found a guy about a month ago named Rodrigo, he talked to us on his bike and set a time to talk with him in the chaple.  He didn't go, and we got kinda disappointed, but people arent that great at keeping commitments here, so it was nothing new.  Then on Monday night this week, in the rain we found him again.  He really wanted to talk to us, so we set something up for the next day and he actually came.  He really wants to change his life, he recently had his wife leave him because of some of his problems, but he is now trying to make everything right.  We have contact with him a lot, we taught him 2 times this week and he came to church.  He has a baptismal date set already and he is really working to make that work.  He puts a lot of effort into the church and the commitments that we give him, he's been reading a ton and praying and taking everything seriously.  Its really awesome to have the oppurtunity to bless and change the lives of people here.  There is nothing better.
Love you guys, Elder Price  

4/23/2018
This week was a little rough, our investigators all took steps backwards.  Every single appointment we had fell through.  We did find some new people because of that, so our teaching pool is getting bigger and bigger, but no ones really moving forward.  This week we're changing our focus more on the new people, I feel like we will see some more success there.  
We did have a baptism in the ward, the daughter of the bishop yesterday.  There were a few investigators that showed up that we were able to help, and we also found a couple from Haiti.  They are super cool, one of them doesn't speak any spanish but the other speaks really well, so we teach him and he translates to her.  My Creole isn't any good yet, but now I can practice it with them and see if I can help them understand.
I also got my package this week, thank you all for the treats and goodies, I really appreciate it
Love you guys, 
Elder Price

Yeah I'm still in my area, but our investigators didn't really do all too well this week.  They dind't keep their appointments, and no one came to church yesterday.  I don't really know what more to do with these people, they take a step forward and then go right back.  They notice the difference, but they don't put any effort into keeping it.  We have been finding some new people that have good potential, hopefully we can help them out.
That article is really interesting.  The Book of Mormon holds up to every test people can throw at it, it gets harder and harder to deny in any way as time goes on.  I love reading it, I have about 30 minutes every day dedicated to it, I've been learning a lot.  
It would be really cool to drive the B when I get home, I wish I had put more work into it now.  If its still not done when I get back I'll finish it with you guys then.
Love, Elder Price



Comments

Popular Posts