Loving the new area

This week we made some pretty good progress in the sector.  We are growing our teaching pool slowly, but its getting bigger.  I have yet to really get to know the people, some members I've gotten pretty close with but I'm still getting to know everyone.  The members are starting to trust us more, they want to work with us. 
We had an activity in the ward a few days ago, where we had 12 investigators and inactives there.  We worked really hard to get everyone there, passing by and inviting everyone we possibly could.  The investigators were really happy with the activity and we got to meet with them all again to teach them.  This really helped get the trust of the members, they saw that we actually try to work and put all that we can in.  
Its really fun getting to train, we work really hard and were both learning quite a bit as we go.  This week we have a lot planned, hopefully next week we have even more success
Love you guys, Elder Price



Letter to dad

I have been losing track, I keep having to think about it when people ask me how long I've been here.  It moves fast, I don't really notice the passing of time now.  The area is getting better, we're finding more people and working with the members more.  We still only have one investigator that we are teaching consistently, but we have lots of people this week with follow up lessons so we will have more people progressing soon.  My companion actually speaks spanish really well for how long he's been here, but he still can't understand a whole lot, so I have to do the replying.  I feel really comfortable now in Spanish and in the missionary life.  
Our mission sounds very similar to yours, we have giant lists of less actives.  Right now we're doing a little bit of everything, searching for less actives, old investigators and just contacting too.  We have a few part member families that we found, we're going to really start working with them.  I really feel like we will have success here, everything is set up for it and we're going to work for it.
That ward youth conference sounds like a lot of fun, I wish I could have gotten to finish Angels landing.  It looks so cool
Love, Elder Price

Comments

Popular Posts