FIrst week in Valdivia

This week was pretty crazy, I arrived in Valdivia and met my companion, but I went around Alerce for a bit saying good bye to people.  The ward there is super awesome, they're all very close and friendly.  I'l definitely miss that area.  But here is also really awesome.  Its a very similar area to Alerce, but its like the wealthy version of it.  The people in the ward I've met are really cool and helpful.  Apparently the missionaries that have been here before weren't the best, so there is not a whole lot of trust from the members.  We've started focusing on that, we really need some help here.  We don't have any investigators right now. 
I feel like we have an awesome team here to fix it though.  Elder Brighton is a great kid, he speaks spanish really well and he wants to work.  Our new ward mission leader is really smart and excited to help us out.  We've started working with him and the bishop to get this ward moving.  We all feel like this is the plan of the Lord, he's going to help us a lot if we keep working.  I'm very excited for this area, I can't wait to get used to it and get to know all the people.
 
Letter to mom
 
 So my new comp, Elder Brighton, is from Houston, Texas.  He's a good guy, he's really excited to work.  We're going to do a lot here I feel.  Estanque is a lot like Alerce but a bit more wealthy.  The members are great, the ward has probably 90 people.  We share the chaple with 4 other missionaries, they're in the other ward that meets here.  We're pretty close to everyone, about 5 minutes from the stake center.  Its a really awesome place, I can't wait to learn more about it.  
So my camara seems to be broken, I can't take any pictures now.  I think it got some sand in it or something when we went to the beach, it makes a weird noise when it turns on and then just says turn off the camara.  I'll see if it gets better but for now I won't be having pictures.  Other then that, I don't really think I need anything, I can't think of anything.  
Thank you, I love you, Elder Price 

Letter to Dad

Its really nice to train, Elder Brighton is great.  He's from Texas, he lives close to the Scotts.  I don't thik he knows them though.  He hasn't ran away, so its going pretty well. He has lots of desires to wrok, he's very diligent.  Its great, we're going to have a great cambio together.  He is a little uncomfortable and homesick, but when when we work he doesn't have any problems.  Hopefully I'll help him get out of that and learn to love the life of a missionary.  Its really fun time.  
The area is super great, its an urban area, and its actually pretty wealthy.  Its one of the few sectors in the mission like that.  The ward is really good, It has about 90 members.  They don't have a lot of trust with missionaries based on past experiences but we now have to relatively new missionaries and a great mission leader here so the work will definitely start to pick up here. We're really excited to work here.  We know the Lord will help us, we're not going to give him an excuse not to.  
Love you, Elder Price




Comments

Popular Posts