Feb 12 Happy Birthday DAD

Well this week we got some stuff done, our investigators are still progressing, just very slowly.  But some progress is always better than none.  We had a family home evening with the Lopez family this week,and they asked us if we could do another one. They planned it out,we just have to teach the lesson now.  We thought that was great, it really showed their desires to change and go to church.  We also taught them how to pray in English since they all want to learn how to speak it.  Being able to speak English here is ahuge help in careers, so they're pretty determined to learn.  I had to give them an example of how to pray in English,it was actually really hard for me.  Its weird to do things like that now, I've been praying, reading and teaching all in Spanish, in English it seems completly different.  
We had a really great activity in the ward this week,a Festival of the Nations.  We represented USA, because three of the four of us here are gringos.  We had dance and prepare a food,so we made some hamburgers and danced to YMCA.  The other groups had agreat time and we met somenew people through it so it helped.  All of our investigators cancelled on us last minute but there were some menos activos and part member families that came.  
Love you guys, 
Elder Price
Letter to mom
 I'll have to keep taking more, I forget my camera alot.  I'll have some this week with the conference coming up.  I can't wait to get the whole mission together and listen to an apostle.  It's going to be awesome.  Next week we also have cambios, so next time I write you I'll know if I'm staying or leaving.  I really want to stay, a lotof people think I'll stayin this sector and train a new kid that comes.  I think that would be awesome, training looks like tons of fun.  This sector would be a great place to get trained as well, it has tons of work to do.   
It sounds like you guys are definitly having fun.  I miss riding motorcycles.  It would be tons offun to go out there with everyone when I get back.  Hopefully Liam becomes a bit more daring,it would be fun to dothat stuff wtih him.  
Well this week will be awesome, we have lots ofappointments and 2 conferences with Elder Christoferson, I can't wait.  I feel like itwill go by really fast with all that we have to do
Love, Elder Price

Cyrus has a Yamaha?  Did we have this before I left, I don't remember it.  I bet those two tore it up.  And Grant probably is pretty beat up, mom said he crashed quite a bit.  And a dual sport trip would be awesome.  I've been thinking about one here, there are tons of awesome sights and places to visit, with lots of rocks to climb as well.  Maybe one day we could do something like that. 
So how many missionaries will be serving from our ward by the end of this year?  That will be awesome to see all those plaques up there.  I'm very happy here, I'm really glad I was able to come.  Its hard and tiring but there's not anything else I would rather do right now.  I'm glad other people are choosing the same.  
We have some people close to baptism, we just can't ever get them to church.  You can't get baptized without going to church.  I have no idea how to help them though, President gave me some ideas likegoing over early and making breakfast, so were going to try that this time.  Maybe the chance to hear from an apostle will help motivate them to wake up on time.
The construction here is quite pitiful, I can picture Brother Schelb freaking out over all the things the Chileans do wrong with building.  I don't know why everyone has smartphones and smart tvs and all that, but they have a door too small for the frame.  But its a pretty fun experience, the people love their houses and love to share them with us so I'm grateful. 
Thanks, Love, Elder Price

Comments

Popular Posts