Still got the pose!

Jan 8, 2018
This cambio is already over, it went by so fast.  We found out yesterday that Elder Hernandez is leaving Alerce after 6 months to go to Valdivia.  I'm staying here and Elder Vaughn is coming to Alerce to be my new comp. I've already met him, we're in the same zone already so I'm alreay pretty good friends with him.  I'm pretty excited about this next cambio, it'll be awesome.
This week we made good progress with two inactive part member families, we got one to come to an activity in the ward and the other attended sacrament meeting.  Right now we have no one with a date for baptism but we are very close with 3-4 people.  Ilse's date fell because she couldn't attend for the past two weeks because she was out of town, but she is still willing.  The other 3 are part of one of the inactive families.  The mom, Joanna, is a member but inactive.  Her kids and sister are now listeningto our lessons and they started to come to the activities.  They're all really exited to go to church, its a really cool family.
This P-day we went and found some waterfalls in Petrohue. It was super beautiful there, theres tons of beautiful sights here in the south of Chile. Just Elder Hernandez and I went, no one else wanted to get up early and go, but it was still tons of fun

letter to mom: 

The area is getting back to normal, we can find people in their houses again.  We've been able to teach some more and we have more and more appointments.  My companion is super great, hes tons of fun and he likes to work.  We get along pretty well, but now hes going to leave for Valdivia so I'm getting a new companion this week. It was really good to have a Spanish companion, that really helped my Spanish progress.  
Liam wrote me about that movie, he said it was really awesome.  I'l have to keep that in mind for when I get back. If it keeps moving as fast as it has been my mission will be over in a blink of an eye.
Love you, Elder Price


Letter to Dad:

 
How many missionaries will you have sent out after these 2?  It seems like quite a lot have left from our ward recently.  That must be a blessing for the ward to have so many out.  
I still feel like I have a lot to learn, I'm going to keep learning throughout my whole mission though.  Every companion can teach me something new, I'm really excited about that.  I feel like I'm pretty comfortable in missionary life now, its not as strange now that I'm not the youngest in my zone.  Also being able to talk with everyone now in Spanish really helps, the first few months were hard because I could only communicate with my companion, now I'm comfortable to have a conversation with anyone.  ITs really fun having this time to learn a new language.  I already finished the Book of Mormon once in Spanish, I started it again this month along with the New Testament.  My goal is to finish the New Testament before I finish this next cambio.  I'm really happy that I have time to study every day, I didn't realize how great it is to devote an hour everyday to searching the scriptures.  That is probably the thing that has made the biggest difference for me here.
Love, Elder Price







Comments

Popular Posts