Jan 15, 2018

 So this week I got my new companion, Elder Vaughn.  He's already been in quite a few pictures with me, he was already in the zone the cambio before. He's in the black jacket in the picture. He's super great, he's a really friendly guy and he is always looking for ways to help our investigators.  He teaches really well, I can learn quite a bit from him.  We talk a lot of spanglish together, sometimes its easier to say things in one language than another.  Knowing another language is a really cool experience, the world seems bigger now.  I can make friends that live in different countries, its tons of fun.  
Our investigators are doing pretty well, we got to meet with almost all of them this week.  We have one family close to baptism, were very excited about them.  The Lopez family are super nice, and come to the activites we have.  We're still working on getting them to attend church, but they have had problems the past few sundays.  This week will be the one.  We have a ward activity on Saturday and we have some people ready to invite them and make them feel welcome.  We also passed by Ilse, but couldn't set up an appointment to teach.  We have a family home evening with her tonight though, hopefully that goes well.  
I feel more and more comfortable as a missionary every day, its become a lot of fun.  We enjoy searching for new investigators and doing the ''boring stuff.''  Its hard to be sad while I'm out here working, its awesome.  
I don't have any pictures this week, we didn't do anything for P-Day, but I'm sure I'll have some next week.

Letter to Dad
Ooh, if Sanchez goes to United I'll have to find a jersey down here, that would be awesome.  I'm sure I'll be hearing about it soon, quite a lot of members follow that stuff.  We have the oppurtunitiy to watch the conference of President Nelson with a member, she told us she'll have it up and ready on her tv for our lunch appointment that day.  We also have the conference with Elder Christofferson in a month here in Puerto Montt.  It looks like we'll have plentyof oppurtunities to hear from the leaders of the church before conference.  My companion and I have been doing that a lot recently.  We've been busy in the mornings the past few days with service and meetings so for studies we turn on some conference or a devotional by someone.  Its a really good way to learn I've noticed, everytime I find something to apply to the work or to my personal life.
I did get a new companion this week, Elder Vaughn from Logan Utah.  The last cambio went by so fast, I hardly noticed it.  Working makes everything go by fast.  Its fun, and you're not thinking about yourself so everything that would worry me or bother me about what I'm missing is gone.  
I heard something in a devotional, Teaching By The Spirit by Elder Gene R Cook, this morning that really affected me and changed the way I think about teaching.  Its not our job as teachers to give them information, its to turn the people to God in search of answers.  I think this highlighted a few problems in my teaching and I noticed that it relates to my investigators.  This week I'm going to focus more on turning people to God to learn instead of just cramming them full of everything I know.   I feel like that will help them progress even more then what they have been.
Love you, thank you
Elder Price

Comments

Popular Posts