Nov 20 and Nov 27

Nov. 20th

 So we got the call last night that the Elders will be taken out of Lago Ranco at the end of next week.  We have this last week to switch everything over to the Tomlinson's responsability.  We will be taking them around even more helping them figure out stuff and teaching them some more about the area and people.  We will also probably finish preparing Monica to be baptized this week so it will be a very easy transition for her.  Our other investigators we will have to hand off this week and make sure everythings all caught up.  So it looks like I won't be here to see Monica get baptized but I'm just glad she is taking that step forward in her life.  The branch is slowly growing and I feel with the addition of the Tomlinson couple and a new convert some life could be sparked back into it.  Next week I will know where I'm going and who my new companion is, so I will update you all on that when it happens.  
Elder Price
Letter to mom

 Time has been flying, its already Liams birthday?  It goes by fast out here.  
My week was pretty good, we had a lot of meetings and things so we weren't able to work quite as much as normal but we got a lot done.  We got training for Christmas season, which is going to be really awesome.  The 25 ways for 25 days is back and its a really cool idea.  I'm excited to start working on that.  Monica has her baptisimal date in a week, but she mentioned moving it forward.  Now that both me and Elder Greenwood will be gone before the scheduled date she might move it, but we don't want to rush her so we can't promise anything.  
There aren't really any rules on emailing, they think its really important to talk to everyone so they don't want to rush you.  We usually take about an hour and a half.  We can respond right away, they just don't want us to use the instant messaging thing that is available.
I have no idea how I'm going to facetime home, I'll be in a different sector then so it'll be totally different.  
I did get my other package, its awesome.  Thank you so much for all that.  I missed peanut butter, its really expensive down here.  And all of it is perfect.  Now I can't wait to see what else I'm getting, I like getting presents.  
Love you, 
Elder Price

 Nov 27


 So I just found out this morning where I'll be going.  I'm headed to a city called Alerse near Puerto Montt. It'll be quite a change from Lago Ranco.  The ward there has 90ish people every week and they have an actual chapel.  There are two sets of Elders in Alerse, so I won't be nearly as isolatde anymore.  My new comp will be Elder Hernandez from Puebla Mexico.  I've heard tons of awesome things about him.  I'll be headed down there this Wednesday after dropping Elder Greenwood off at the terminal.  I'm really excited to move to a new sector and work with someone who speaks Spanish as a first language, I'm going to learn a lot over this next cambio.  
Lago Ranco is getting left in pretty good shape.  Monica has some difficulty with the law of chastity, but she is now working on getting married to her boyfriend so it should be resolved before her baptism date.  If complications come up Monica has two houses so they will just seperate for a short time before it all gets figured out.  She really has a strong desire to join the church and follow the commandments.  She was surprised at a few of them but she promised to keep them and she has been doing a really good job.  Rosa, our other progressing investigator, also made great progress this week.  We finally got her to start praying consistently and read more often, which will help her become converted faster than anything.  She too has a real desire to change and its incredible being able to help them do it.
We had Thanksgiving dinner with the Tomlinson couple, I got some american food like apple pie, it was really good.  They are very eager to help out and they really are good missionaries.  They came with us to every lesson this week and pitched in.  The sectr will definitely be in good hands.
I'll send some pictures of my new sector next week after I arrive.  
Until then, Adios
Elder Price
Letter to mom

I've been looking for something small to send home with him, he said he would bring something for me.  We had a good week this week, Thanksgiving dinner with the Tomlinsons was pretty awesome. We had apple pie and beef stew.  Monica still has her date for baptism this Saturday, but she needs to get everything sorte out with her boyfriend before then.  She really wants to join the church so I know it'll happen.  I won't be there but thats not important.  The branch has 25ish people there every Sunday now, it's picked up quite a bit, its awesome.  It'll be weird moving to a big sector though.  Alerse has 90 people every week.  That seems small compared to home but that is huge down here.  I'm so excited to get down there and serve with these people.  
I miss you guys, I hope you have a good week.  Hopefully Owen and Tanner keep hanging out a little bit, its good for them to have an awesome family to hang out with
Adios, 
Elder Price





Comments

Popular Posts