Week 11

This week was great, we did the best we have done so far.  We had two lessons, one with a new investigator, and we had two investigators come to church.  One of our investigators, Monica, is really close to joining the church.  We also finally got into contact with an investigator that Elder Greenwood and his companion were teaching before I got here, and we were able to teach her about the Restoration and set up a return appointment.  We found our new investigator, Raul, last night.  He had had missionaries over a few years ago, but when they moved he lost contact.  We knocked his door and he let us right in.  We were able to have a good gospel discussion, not quite a formal lesson but we still taught him about baptism and priesthood and he invited us back next Sunday.  We also found a less active member who really seems willing to come back to church.  We were following up on a street contact we had made a little bit ago with a man named Ricardo Gonzalez.  We knocked the house he said he lived in but he didn't live there.  We asked a neighbour if they knew where he lived, and they pointed us to a house at the end of the street.  We knocked that door and a man named Ricardo Gonzalez opens the door, but he wasn't the Ricardo Gonzalez we were looking for.  Instead he was a young man, probably about 20, who was baptized into the church a few years back but lost contact with it when he moved and started school.  He was pretty happy to see us and invited us back when he wasn't busy to get to know him and get him going back to church.  Over all this week really started rewarding us for our work here, we've been doing our best but nothing was really happening until now, and its awesome to finally see some progress.
Adios, Elder Price

Letter to mom

So the past two P-Days I forgot to wish you a happy birthday even though I had it in my planner both times.  Its hard to keep track of the time, it seems to move really fast.  Its weird, I thought I would be more homesick, but I've been great.  I definitely miss you guys, but I'm really happy out here, its so awesome.  I don't want to waste any of the time I have here, I'm taking every minute seriously.  Hopefully everythings good at home.
I'm gettting skinnier, I need to buy some new belts, I'm down to the last hole on both of them.  My pants are too big for me now, I didn't think I would have lost weight this quickly.  I hope I don't have to buy a new warddrobe before I get home.   
Adiós, Feliz cumpleaños, 
Elder Price

Comments

Popular Posts