Sept 25, 2017 They found someone to teach

Letter recieved Sept 25th

So finally my companion and I got to teach someone, it was my first time actually doing a lesson with a real investigator.  Her name is Monica, shes about 50 years old and many of her sisters are members of the church.  She had taken lessons from missionaries many months ago, but she ended up cancelling her baptisimal date because she still wasn't sure about it.  So we have been trying to get an appointment with her since I got here but there was always a different problem and it never worked out.  One day we decided to go up to her hill where her whole family lives, its about 20-30 minutes walking from our house.  We went up there to invite the other sisters to church because we hadn't seen them for some time, and we decided to swing by Monica's house just to see if we could set up a time to return.  She decided to let us in and we talked about what had happened when she was taking the discussions earlier and why she decided to back out.  Then we talked about acting with faith and with true intent, and she realized that that was her problem, that was why she had yet to recieve an answer.  We committed her to pray that night and that we would return again next week.  We ran into her the next day while heading to an appointment that fell through, and she said that the prayer had worked, that she really felt something this time.  We are going to commit her to baptism this week in one of our next lessons and I really think it will happen.  We also have an appointment to talk to her niece this week, and she too seems interested.  My companion and I created the goal for two baptisms before my training is done, and in this area that would be unheard of, but we know that the Lord will provide a way for it to happen.  It'll take a lot of faith and work on our part, but it will be worth it.
So today for P-Day we hung out in Rio Bueno, where we saw a fort, went to a museum and ate pichangas, which are really good.  They're just french fries covered in tons of other foods and aji.  The map is of our general area, I'm in Lago Ranco and for us to get any food or supplies we have to take a bus to Rio Bueno or Osorno depending on what we need.  Our small town doesn't have much
 
Letter to mom:
 
 I'm doing great, I'm getting more used to the area and actually know my way around.  We had splits with the zone leaders this week and I had to show him everywhere to go and I actually wasn't completely lost so it was good.  I'm getting better at understanding the people, which is the hardest thing ever.  They speak fast Spanish, and everyone in my area has a farmer type accent too so its really not easy to understand, but I'm definitely getting better.  My companion and I speak mostly English, but now that I'm more comfortable in the area we're going to only speak Spanish to each other, which will definitely help.  
The branch attendance has stayed about the same, but I think it will start to go up these next few weeks because our investigator will be coming and that should help motivate the rest of her semi active sisters to go too.  I'm going to have to give a talk the Sunday after General Conference, but I feel like I'll be fine with the language, I just can't decide on a topic.  We're going to watch Conference on Sunday with the branch, but Saturday we plan on watching it in English so I can get more out of it.  I can read Spanish pretty well so if you ever read a good talk you can send it to me in Spanish, I could read it. 
I've actually been thinking of stuff that I want from back home.  They don't have any good soccer sweats here, so I think my pair of adidas sweats and my flip flops would be awesome.  For presents though some more ties and cool socks would be awesome, and anything else you guys want to throw in there, I'll be happy with anything.   I can find a sleeping bag down here, I need a new one anyways.  And this week I took more pictures, but I'm not in any of them again, but I'll try to get some of me this week for you guys.  I've actually lost a little weight, my pants don't fit me as well and my belt is almost to big.  Hopefully I don't shrink too much that I'll have to buy all new clothes.  
Gracias, te amo, 
Elder Price
 





 

Comments

Popular Posts