I got a picture of my boy!

Well this week was a bit harder, all of our appointments fell through, but we managed to get one with a whole family for tomorrow.  The branch president is going to come with us to teach.  The mother's name is Yecci, and her husband works out of town so he isn't home most of the time. She has 3 kids that we've met, all about the age of the rest of the kids in the branch, so about 10 years old.  She seems to have a geniune interest, we found her contacting the other day and she invited us in that day but because it was just her we had to reschedule.  We also have appointments with Monica and her niece Cristina this week.  We're continuing to look for new investigators though.  Our weekly english class has been helping, and we are planning a branch activity with the president so we can create a comfortable place for new investigators to come and get to know everyone.  We're trying to involve the members as much as possible, but its hard when theres so few of them.  
We had the chance to watch conference this weekend, it was in Spanish so I didnt get everything but I caught a lot more than I thought I would.  I'm definitely going to go over those again.  
Alright by next week I should have some more news on our investigators, I think they'll grow stronger by then.  
Adios,
Elder Price
 
Letter to mom...
 
 Conference was definitely the best part of the week, everything else didn't really end up working out, but we got it all figured out fpr this week.  We were unable to meet with anyone this week besides a couple member families to see if they were going to go to conference.  We ended up watching all of it in Spanish except for Priesthood so I didn't pick up as much as I would've liked but I'm going to get a copy of them all and read them later.  The branch president was the only one to go to the conference at the church with us even though we went around and invited every member.  I feel more comfortable having a conversation with people in spanish now, I can understand the people much better than before, but I still have a ways to go. 
I've definitely lost weight, my pants don't fit me as well as they did when I left.  But I've been working out a bit so thats why.  The food here is good, I could eat a lot of it but I don't want to get fat.  
One of these is from last week that was on my companions camera, the other is the group that showed up for conference.​​

Comments

Popular Posts