Week one in Lago Ranco

 Alright I'm finally here in my new home, its awesome.  I left the CCM on Monday and I didn't arrive in my area until Wednesday night, but I'm glad I made it.  My first area is this tiny tourist town named Lago Ranco, it only has about 2,000 people here.  Our sector has about 6,000, but its massive so everything is very spread out.  Its a lot of walking, we don't get cars or bikes so we walk everywhere.  Yesterday we walked about ten miles to a small collection of houses called Winchul for our only appointment this week but then the lady ended up having given us a false address so I still have yet to teach a lesson here, but we will get one eventually.  All our days have been spent knocking doors or trying to get an appointment with one of the many inactive families here, but we've had no luck.  
     The branch for this area had 15 people show up this week not including us, so that was pretty good.  I'm the second councelor in the presidency and my companion is the secretary.  I did'nt have to give a talk this Sunday but I have to have one prepared everyweek now because we are the go to back up speakers for when people don't show up, which apparently happens often.  
     My companion is Elder Greenwood from Fallbrook CA, and he leaves to go home right when my training is done.  Hes a pretty cool guy, and he speaks spanish very well so hopefully I can learn a lot from him.  
     The food here is awesome, we have a mamita make us lunch every day and she makes some pretty good food.  We don't eat out much, so the rest of our food we make, and we are not master chefs so we really only get one solid meal a day, but she makes sure we get enough.  
      Its constantly rainy, but now its entering summer so its not as much hard rain but it comes down just about everyday.  Its completly different than home, its very cold, especially in our house, but once we get moving you don't notice it all that much.  
      On Pday everyone in the surrounding zones goes to Osorno for shopping, so we meet up at the church and play some sports with some other missionaries there, which is always fun.  Theres quite a lot of them around, but since my sector is so isolated and out there we don't see anyone.  
      Thats probably enough about me, my week was not the most exciting to hear about but I loved it.  Maybe I'll have something else to share next week.  I cannot figure out how to get pictures onto this computer so I can't send any now, hopefully I can figure something out soon
       Adios, 
Elder Price

Letter to his mom:

This week was pretty crazy with all the travel, but its calmed down quite a lot now that I've settled in.  My branch is crazy, we have 5 priesthood holders including the missionaries, so my comp and I have quite a lot to do.  Everyone is really cool and nice, but its very difficult to understand them.  I can speak pretty well with my companion because he speaks a very clean spanish, but out here they talk really fast and all speak like farmers so its not easy, but I'm catching on quickly.  
     We are an hour bus ride away from where we do our shopping, so we just go to an internet hub thing and email right before we shop.  We only take the bus when we have to go abnormally far, so we only walk places really.  The only time we've actually been able to get into a house and talk with someone was when we had a lunch appointment with the ward mission leader Sunday, so we have done a lot of walking, but its all good.  
     My comp is a pretty big goof, hes a pretty fun guy.  Hes very talkative and hes very good at spanish so I can learn a bit from him.  
      Its pretty awesome that Marci is already getting married, its going to be weird coming back and having a new brother.  I'll want to see some pictures ot the wedding, Im a little sad I'm going to miss it.  
      Love, 
Elder Price
I was super happy to get some pictures... they kind of crack me up... who else would take a picture of a soccer field.  Hopefully next week he will be in some of the pictures!



Comments

Popular Posts