Lago ranco week 2

 


This week we had Zone Conference in Osorno, which was a really cool experiance.  The president of the CCM in Santiago was there so we got to hear from two different mission presidents in one meeting.  It was a really cool experiance, I actually was able to understand most of the talks even though they were all in Spanish.  I have to focus a lot more to get things from the lessons now since they are in a different language but I think I feel the Spirit stronger now that I am really trying to be engaged in the meeting.  I've started to be able to have conversations with the members now, which really helps me feel more comfortable in this area.  We have yet to have an actual lesson with an investigator, but we found 4 people this week that we are going back to visit again this week, hopefully it goes well with them and they will start to progress.
Towards the end of the week it began to get harder to work here in our small town because everyone was leaving out of town for the big Independance Day celebration today on the 18.  They party for 3 days straight, we've been woken up by marching bands before the crack of dawn the past few days.  Its crazy, and now everyone is riding horses around instead of using their cars, its a strange place down here.  We went to the ward in San Pablo to celebrate with them because we got invited since no members were staying in our town.  We ate a ton of empanadas, which are possibly my new favorite food, and played a bit of soccer with the little kids.  Its really fun being in a different area, the ward in San Pablo has about 30 people attend a week.  My area had 12 on Sunday, totally different to back home.

Letter to mom:

 So letters and packages take about 2 months to get here according to the other elders, but if you want to send some the address is
Casilla 7-0
Region X
Osorno
Chile
Its a lot of walking but no appointments so far, the shoes work great honestly.  We study until about 12, go to lunch, and then try to find some new investigators the rest of the day.  We get to wake up at 7 which is pretty nice.  Its just my companion and me here, the next sector is about an hour away by bus, so we have a lot of ground to cover but no way to get to it all.  Its very rural and spread out here, but its a cool little community.  
So I can draw money out from my card very easily, but I have no idea how much money I have.  The only thing I've been wanting is some sweats which are probably about 30-40 bucks.  
Adios, te amo, 
Elder Price
 
Maybe someday I'll get a decent picture!  Hopefully one of his face!
 
 
 




Comments

Popular Posts