Week one

At first I got an email that said, "Dear Family"  and that was it.... I might have shed a tear or two thinking that I wasn't getting any more... but then I found this one.  He sounds so good!   Still no pictures from him.  I'm so grateful that the CCM puts pictures up for me to find him!  I have loved it!  THere are currently 650 missionaries in the CCM.  I think that is the most they have ever had. 



So that email decided to send all by itself before I even started typing anything, sorry about that.
    I have no idea where to start, so I guess I'll answer all of mom's questions first.  My flight was super long, but I met up with about 100 missionaries in Salt Lake so I met a bunch of new people right off the bat.  Since that first day I have not stopped working.  Every night I go to bed exhausted and every morning I get up excited for the day.  Classes are awesome, it feels a little like high school but this actually takes work and I'm enjoying every minute of it.  My companion, Elder Harris, is our district leader and he's awesome.  Us two are trying to only speak Spanish while we are here because one of the councelers (sorry I know that's not right but they don't have spell check on here) in the presidency gave an amazing talk at the devotional about being 100% committed and disciplined.  We are going to give our all to the Lord and we will not have any regrets when we leave the CCM.  My Spanish is coming along great, it is amazing how different it is learning here with the Spirit.  I already know way more than I learned during school.  I've been speaking more Spanish than English recently, its hard but its great.  its difficult to write this email because my mind has started to think in Spanish so its hard for me to write only in English.
    So more about my companion; He's great, super nice and friendly to everyone and he wants to work as hard as possible.  He's from Oceanside, and the only other person in my district not from Utah.  He enjoys soccer so we usually play that with the other elders during gym time.  My district is amazing. Every one is nice and works hard and helps each other out.  And we have Hermana Bennet, who is the Mission Presidents daughter.  She's great, both Hermanas are nice and hard working and fun to have around.  Our mission president is super cool, I got the chance to talk to him today while my companion was in an interview.  He is very supportive and helpful, and he kind of knows Grandpa Mickelsen. President Bennet was mission president in Chile while grandpa was in Argentina.

     So I took some pictures, but I don't have a way to upload them right now.  I'll see if I can figure it out by next week.  Also, packages are pretty simple to send here I guess, and they also have a Dear Elder thing set up so you can send them emails and they'll print them into a physical copy I can keep.  And I packed everything I need here, but I will need a sleeping bag and some sandals when I get into Chile, I did forget those.  
     Charly, that is a pretty awesome hamster, hopefully he ends up being as awesome as me.  Cyrus, you better keep practicing at Smash because when I get back you will have to get used to losing again.  Liam, I have no idea how to reply to your email dude, you're a dork.  And Chloe, its super awesome that you want to serve a mission, the sisters here are great and I'm sure you will be just as incredible.
So did dad actually buy a mustang? I need to see proof next time.

I love you guys,
    Elder Price



Comments

Popular Posts