Week 3

My boy is growing up so much!  Super proud of him and already feeling the blessings of having a missionary out.  


This week has been incredible from start to finish, I have no idea where to begin.  I'll just start writing and see what I remember. So on Sunday, we had the awesome opportunity to hear from Elder Ballard in a broadcast from the Provo MTC.  He gave President Kimball's talk of locking your heart and added some things on to it.  What stood out the most for me (I don't remember the exact quote) was when he said that the heart is where feelings come from, and if anything in there that shouldn't be it will weaken the Spirit you and your investigators feel.  He said that applies to anything, from girls to homesickness to video games.  As missionaries we are here to forget ourselves and our problems and wants and get to work.  And then on Tuesday night, Elder Anderson spoke at the Provo MTC and we got to tune into that one too.  His talk was amazing, I've never written down so many notes in my life.  The devotional started out with everyone singing Called to Serve, which as missionaries you hear probably 10 times a day. But this time I noticed a line I hadn't ever really thought about before:  "God our strength will be"   I kept thinking about that and then Sister Anderson got up and spoke about prayer for a few minutes.  She said as missionaries that we are probably the most prayed for group in the world and also that we should constantly pray to God.  I've been doing that alot here, I pray with every chance I get.  He helps with everything, there are times when I'm about to fall asleep in class but I get a new burst of energy to help me through it.  Before lessons we pray together and individually and its incredible how much help we get while teaching.  Yesterday we had a lesson with our investigator Renata, and we had planned our lesson on the Revelation, but right at the beginning of the lesson we knew that we weren't going to teach that.  She said that she felt like she couldn't be baptized because she had gone out partying a few days ago and had done some things, and she felt that if she were to be baptized she would only break the covenant after.  I can't remember anything I said, it was something along the lines of strength to resist temptation, but it was incredible.  I didn't know the words coming out of my mouth, they weren't my own.  I just opened my mouth and the spirit took over and did the rest.  
So I kind of got side tracked, I was talking about the devotional and then that came to mind.  Elder Anderson's talk was great.  It was about keeping the spiritual flame glowing in your eyes. I wish I had my notes with me so I could give a better summary, but I forgot them in my casa.  One thing that I do remember is his steps to success.
1.  Set a goal
2.  Constant prayer
3.  Work as hard as possible
Its very simple, but its incredible how much it works.  We had a goal for Renata to be baptized, we had been praying for her and we had been preparing and working on that lesson for a while, and after all that God took over and did the rest.
I almost sent this before I remembered something.  My companion and I were called as Zone Leaders on Sunday.  Its tons of fun having this job.  We mainly just help all the new missionaries in our zone get adjusted to life here, help them with any problems they might have and just try to serve them in any way possible.  Our previous zone leaders were incredible, they were some of my best friends here and were excellent examples, so hopefully we can do the same for the new districts in our zone.
I'm sure there was more things that happened this week that I just can't remember right now, but I have it all in my journal so you'll hear about it eventually.
Elder Price

I love this picture that Debbie Hyde posted today.  These two are great friends and I'm so happy that they found each other in Mexico City of all places!

Anyone interested in sending garrett a few treats while he is in the Mexico mtc use this great service! 

https://www.missionarypackagemx.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwNms4ube1QIVFIR-Ch3z-Q6eEAAYASAAEgIYPPD_BwE

Comments

Popular Posts