Week 2

We got some pictures this week!  Thursdays are my new favorite days!
If anyone would like to write him his email is:

garrett.price@myldsmail.com


So much has happened this week.  We got two new "investigators" who are really just some of our teachers playing a role, but it is incredible how much we still care for these fake people.  We spend all our free time planning lessons for them hoping it helps, and most of the time I feel like they have been great.  The Spirit definitely guides us while planning and teaching, the Spanish just seems to flow out of my mouth during lessons.  Everyone in our district is progressing really well.  I've started being used as the practice investigator for my teachers so its kind of fun getting to be on both sides of the experience.  I can actually read my scriptures in Spanish decently now, its not fast but i keep trying.  It takes me about 20 minutes to read and fully understand one chapter but its helping with the language a ton.
A week ago we went to the Mexico City temple, which was amazing.  Its massive and beautiful.  We're going again today, and I'm pretty excited.  I listened to the whole session in Spanish, which went better then I thought it would.
My district is still super awesome, my companion and I get along pretty well and everyone's super nice. Its a huge bonus to have Hermana Bennett in my district because we get invited over to the Mission Presidents house for snacks and to hang out every now and then.   After the temple they're going to make us some cinnamon rolls.
We had a great devotional Tuesday night about relying on the Lord, it goes perfectly with that line Dad sent me:
"Pray as if it all depends on the Lord, work as if it all depends on you"
That is how I've been trying to approach the mission because there is no way I could do this without the help of the Lord.
One last funny thing, a couple of nights ago we had an interesting situation.  Elder Lord, one of my roommates, found a hose underneath our sink and tried to put it back on, but the sink ended up bursting and flooding our bathroom.  We acted fast enough to prevent it from getting into our room but we had to turn off water for a while before someone had time to come over and fix it.
So that was my week, it was great.  Thanks for the package, that was super awesome.  My companion and I have been dying for snacks, we're the only guys who haven't gotten packages of food.  And that is a pretty rad Mustang, I'll trade you my motorcycle for it
I love you guys
-Elder Price



Comments

Popular Posts