Farewell

The day finally came for him to speak in church before he heads off to Chile (his farewell).  He asked me for help with his talk and did an amazing job.  I need to find a copy of it and insert it here.  Chloe sang and Uncle Marc also spoke.  It was a beautiful meeting and the spirit was very strong.  The Price family came down to see him, Aunt Karen, Aunt Janet, cousin Eric and his famliy were also there.  I loved seeing my family.  After hearing him speak and feeling his testimony of the atonement I felt at peace.  I knew he was ready and that this was something HE wanted to do.  I was very grateful for these feelings because it calmed me and I wasn't weepy at all!

So many wonderful friends came over to the home to say farewell to Garrett.  We felt very blessed by our ward family and friends.  There was tons of yummy food and plenty of people to visit with.

Monday night he was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by President Gray.  It was such a wonderful thing to be a part of.  He expressed a concern with the language but other than that he was happy and ready.  Pres. Gray asked a few of us to give garrett a bit of advise.  I told him that this was going to be the only time he will be able to dedicate his life to the Lord.  And to truly give him your all.  Jill said to always pray and ask the Lord what He thinks is best not to depend on your own abilities.  Aunt Nellie said to Work Hard and give it your all. 

After he was set apart we all went to In and Out for one last burger.  Liam acted as his companion for a few hours.  We came home and finished the packing.  Hudson and Bentley stayed the night so they could ride to the airport with us to bid him farewell.  They really love their Garrett as well.  































Comments

Popular Posts